What is Ubiquography?
Ubiquography is a website and an exhibition that was developed as a participatory project. All images have been captured, edited and published with mobile devices. From May 24 to June 8, all photos posted on ubiquography will be displayed in the exhibition and will be seen in different parts of the world, simultaneously and at the same time when the author publishes a photo.
How to participate
- The platform used to publish photos is the Instagram application. You must have an account to participate.
- REGISTER in our site and agree to the terms and conditions. Your request will be evaluated shortly.
- If your application is accepted, you will be able to publish in ubiquography. You only need to tag your photos on Instagram with the #ubiquography hashtag. The system will automatically import it soon after..
Who can participate?
Any person over 18 years from any country or nationality.
Legal terms and conditions
The participant must submit an original work and guarantee that s/he is the sole owner of the copyright of the photograph and therefore has the right to use and transfer it to third parties. In particular, participants exempt the Barcelona Photobloggers from any claims with regard to copyright or other exclusive rights of third parties that may be violated by the submission of this photograph for competition, and accept responsibility for any complaints involving sanctions, fines or damages.
The photographs must be original and exclusive to the person who submits them. This means that each participant must be the author and owner of the rights to use each photograph s/he submits.
The content of the photographs must not contain obscene or defamatory material.
All rights referring to each image and its content (people, places, situations, products, brands, objects, etc.) and the copyrights represented in the photographs submitted to the competition are the sole responsibility of the person who uploads the content to the server.
The participants must respond to claims of authorship that may be made by third parties with regard to work submitted by the former.
All the information, data, text, photographs and labels or other materials uploaded publically or transmitted privately are the sole responsibility of the participant.
The act of submitting photographs for publication implies the user’s acceptance of and consent to the following points:
- Barcelona Photobloggers receives a non-exclusive transfer of the right of reproduction, distribution and public communication of the photograph, all over the world and for the maximum period allowed by Legislative Decree 1/1996, of 12 April, which approves the Revised Text of the Act on Intellectual Property.
- The participant, by accepting the publication of her/his photographs, authorizes the Barcelona Photobloggers to include their content on the website http://ubiquography.com/ and a exhibit catalog.
- In no event will the Barcelona Photobloggers use the photographs received to promote products and/or brands other than the organization.
- The Barcelona Photobloggers will not sell the photographs.
- Barcelona Photobloggers may send participants updates by electronic means to inform them about the stages of the competition.
Any conflicts between the users of http://ubiquography.com/, the authors and owners of copyrights of the works will be decided by the Courts of Barcelona (Spain) and http://ubiquography.com/ is subject to Spanish law.
Barcelona Photobloggers has the right to restrict the participation of any user and all its photographs.
Why do you use Instagram instead of another platform?
We have chosen Instagram out of a philosophical affinity and because it’s the social network for mobile photography with the most users, which has an API particularly suitable for providing its data to third parties. Creating an exhibition in “real time” in which the user only needs to add a tag to exhibit, requires an infrastructure that, nowadays, is only available in Instagram.
Can I submit old photographs?
Yes, you only need to tag them with the #ubiquography tag by making a comment on them. Note: photographs are ordered by publishing date.
Can I upload my SLR photographs?
No, the main idea of Ubiquography is to submit images captured, edited and published with a mobile device. We may restrict participants uploading SLR photos..
Do I give up the rights to my own pictures by publishing them on Ubiquography?
Not at all. You only give us the right to publish them on our site, exhibition and catalog. Your artwork is yours and yours alone..